Final 3.6 Plan

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Thu Jun 5 10:25:38 UTC 2003

Hi!

Been busy with work here...

Daniel Vainsencher <danielv at netvision.net.il> wrote:
> Summary of plan as released + agreements that came afterwards -
> 1 Removals
> 2 KCP
> 3 MCP
> 4 Anthony runtime enhancements (split in two - fixes and closures)
> 5 Craig's simulator fixes
> 6 mir Network rewrite

I have gone through Michael's rewrite and it is very good. I sent him a
few things about comments etc. IMHO it is - even without any more
improvements - ready to go in.

I just sent a personal email to Michael asking about the latest and
greatest though. I will get back to Doug with more on that.

> 7 TrueTypeTextStyle
> 8 Diego look style enhancements
> 9 Replace fonts with AccuFonts (mainly in order to remove the old -
> people can now load additional nice fonts themselves anyway).
> 10 SM 1.1

Brian Rice and I are working on SM1.1. We are moving and focused. :-)

In a week or something I can probably post a summary on that.

> 11 Inclusion of SM plus related packages in the release image (though
> maintained as packages, not directly by update stream).

This is fine by me as described by Doug. And you don't need to wait for
SM1.1 AFAICT.

regards, Göran