About 3.6 alpha process: to break the less

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Thu Jun 5 10:50:21 UTC 2003

Doug Way <dway at riskmetrics.com> wrote:
> Assuming SM is a well-behaved package (i.e. which does not overwrite any
> code in the image), it will be trivial to remove it from the image again
> when we get closer to the Minimal image.

It is *very* well behaved. Just wipe the class categories. No loose
methods.

Version 1.06 just adds the class TimeStamp which we really should
"solve" somehow in 3.6 - this has been discussed a lot on the list and
someone I think took upon himself to find out what code we should go
for.

regards, Göran

PS. Very good discussion btw.