[ENH] ContextCleanup ([er] start, request for help)

danielv at netvision.net.il danielv at netvision.net.il
Thu Jun 5 10:11:36 UTC 2003

This is nice, big, diverse pack of changes that need review. It includes
general changes to existing classes, and some more specialized stuff. If
someone cares to review the exceptions changes, that would help, I don't
know enough about them.

About the first change set that includes various changes -
* I think the use of primitiveChangeClassTo: in order to weasel our way
out of displaying the right inspector is a spectacular abuse of an
unspiked fence. Anybody see a reason not to rewrite this as a nice,
simple dispatch creating the right subclass instance in the class side?
* BasicObject seems to be unused, in any of these changesets. Seems to
me we don't need it.
* Two of the methods added to Object, add an idiom which reads strange
to me. Is it just me? they're inCollection and inCollectionDo:. Other
opinions?
* Various protocol added to OrderedCollection, including a clear stack
protocol. The stack protocol is more intention revealing, so it's good,
IMO, but I'm not sure about the rest.
* Various protocol added to Stream subclasses, which I don't follow. Any
takers? elucidation from Anthony?
* Protocol added to SequenceableCollection is generally good,
#collectArray: is a good idea, but should probably be in Collection, so
set gets it too (that's where I've needed it, anyway). There's so much
perculiar added protocol, I'm wondering where the need for it is all
coming from...

There's lots of stuff there I didn't mention, because it seems all good.
Second opinions on the above, or reviews of the more specialized stuff
that follows would be welcome.

Daniel

< Brought to you by the BugFixArchiveViewer and CommentNotePad >