Final 3.6 Plan

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Fri Jun 6 09:32:32 UTC 2003

Doug Way <dway at riskmetrics.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, June 5, 2003, at 06:25 AM, goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
> >
> >> 11 Inclusion of SM plus related packages in the release image (though
> >> maintained as packages, not directly by update stream).
> >
> > This is fine by me as described by Doug. And you don't need to wait for
> > SM1.1 AFAICT.
>
> OK, I will do this first, by simply including the current bootstrap as
> an update, as we discussed earlier.  Then the Accufonts and then other
> items as they become ready.

Note that if you do it this way we are also letting SAR, DVS and
PackageInfo into the ... Basic image.

I am still a tad confused which "image" the update stream is producing -
Basic, right? I have forgotten why I was confused earlier... Ah, wait.
Right, perhaps the confusion was precisely because SM/DVS/SAR wasn't in
there... He, he... good argument for getting them in then. ;-) Ok
confusion gone. The update stream is now producing the Basic image.
Period. Ok?

Back to DVS/PackageInfo/SAR - including them is good IMHO, but perhaps
Avi and Ned should have a saying if they want those packages to become
"official Squeak packages" in Basic. :-)

> - Doug Way

regards, Göran

PS. This all means that I am now a Steward then. And also Avi and Ned
for those packages. ;-) Hey, we should produce "buttons" to wear:
"Squeak Steward", "Squeak Guide", "Squeak Harvester", "Squeak
Maintainer". That could be cool for ESUG, OOPSLA and whatever happenings
there are!