Final 3.6 Plan

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Fri Jun 6 19:50:29 UTC 2003

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, Doug Way wrote:

> Either way I will add SM & company Real Soon Now (hopefully tonight).

FWIW - I would recommend that you *do* include PackageInfo, but don't
include DVS, in the current image.  If people want/need to use DVS, they
can load it, if they want to use Monticello instead (which IMO does
everything DVS does much better), they can just load that.  If they just
want to file out packages, they can do that with the base PackageInfo
stuff.

What might be useful is some very simple UI for filing out packages,
similar to the DVS UI, but without the FileIn part, that would go with
PackageInfo.  This would probably make people more likely to use the
packaging conventions than if they have to use a workspace doit like

(PackageInfo named: 'Foo') fileOutOnStream: (FileStream fileNamed: '...')