[BUG][FIX] DeclarativePools

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sat Jun 7 01:03:00 UTC 2003

"Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> > 	(1) When are ReadOnlyVariableBindings created,
>
> Never. I just had a discussion with Tim about where exactly they should be
> created.
>
> > 	(2) Why is this mechanism not applied to those other
> > 388 classes, and
>
> Because they were "manually" installed.
Andrew is raising a good question though; given that when the relevant
changeset was installed _all_ the classes in the system were protected
as a result of the chageset postscript, we ought to have a decent reason
(or at least, explanation) why we now have some protected and some not.
I recall you explaining to me that there were (back then) some
situations where it was not appropriate and that maybe such did not
exist anymore. Can you (or anyone?) recall the problem? Can we now
change ClassBuilderto use ReadOnlyBindings for creation of classes?

tim
Strange OpCodes: BOZO: Use Multics operating system