Squeak on iPAQs: auditory input/output

Bilal Ahmed bilal at dgp.toronto.edu
Sat Jun 7 01:26:52 UTC 2003

Hi Brian,

> Are you running on Linux or Win CE? I've run Squeak on several different
> handhelds (only on Win CE, rather Pocket PC 2002) and all you need to do is
> make sure that the you have the sound classes in your image and turn on the
> enableSounds preference. Then it works like a champ, recording, music,etc.

Windows CE. I've tried playing sounds and they work fine. Thanks. I'm
still having trouble with recording sounds, using the built-in microphone
on the iPAQ. I know that sound is getting recorded in Squeak (if I play a
sound file in the background and record in Squeak, I am able to capture
the background sound), but I'm not sure how I can link this behaviour to
the microphone.

Thanks,
Regards,
Bilal