[KCP] SystemDictionary cleaning: Comments and design feedback needed

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sat Jun 7 15:35:22 UTC 2003

On Saturday 07 June 2003 04:27 am, Stephane Ducasse wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm trying to understand SystemSupport classes and a lot of the
> classes have not a single comment :(. This is important for me to
> understand because I may distribute functionality from
> SystemDictionary to one of these classes.
>
> What is XXX and how to we use/initialize/invoke it
>
> - AutoStart

I believe this is the bit that automatically checks for Squeakland
updates and applies them to the plugin image. Also AbstractLauncher.
I believe Michael Rueger would be the one to ask about these.

> - CurrentProjectRefactoring

This is a global that mostly/entirely provides services for "Project
current". I'm not too clear as to why it's there; perhaps Bob or
Scott could elucidate.

> - SystemVersion

This is used by the update stream mechanism.

> Do we really need CharRecog in SystemSupport?

No, it should be pulled out into a separate package.
One of the things that's lacking, of course, is yet another registry
for text field menu items (there is a shortcut key that starts up the
CharRecog).

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com