[BUG] fullScreenMode: crashes VM on Mac

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sat Jun 7 16:48:42 UTC 2003

On Saturday 07 June 2003 09:29 am, Andreas Raab wrote:
> > I noticed that I got the vm crashing not 100% when I was trying
> > on DisplayScreen. Now that I retried with Smalltalk
> > fullScreenMode: true, it happens to crash it from time to time.
>
> Reminds of a bug I had (years back) in the Windows VM - I assumed
> that the size of Display's bits is always up-to-date to the OS
> window extent (which isn't always true since it takes a little for
> Squeak to recognize that the display extent has changed) which led
> to crashes very much like you're seeing.

I'm using a multi-desktop switcher for Windows (part of the M$
PowerToys package), and the Squeak VM complains in its debug log
every time I switch desktops. I think that all the switcher does is
to re-position the invisible windows so they don't show.

Perhaps there's an assumption somewhere that the Squeak window is
within the screen coordinates?

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com