running squeak in linux

Dominic Fox dominic.fox1 at ntlworld.com
Sat Jun 7 21:31:09 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Rowledge" <tim at sumeru.stanford.edu>
To: <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 12:07 AM
Subject: Re: running squeak in linux

> "Dominic Fox" <dominic.fox1 at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> > Well, give me a couple of weeks - I've just got the new machine, haven't
got
> > Linux on to it yet, and my wife had a baby girl (Ruby Elizabeth)
> Well congratulations, but really - naming a child after another
> language! Tut-tut.

Plenty of small talk around the place before too long, I should imagine. My
3yr-old son is already playing the piano keyboard in Squeak using the mouse,
albeit not very tunefully...

I did suggest "Haskell" for a boy, but my wife vetoed it.

"Ruby Fox" is actually the real name of the superheroine Voltage from Grant
Morrison's Zenith comic strip. I'd forgotten this when we named her, but one
of my friends who spent the late 80s reading the same comics (chiefly
2000AD) as I did reminded me of it when I told him what we'd chosen.

Re: creating a mandrake rpm - I'll have a look at this again soon, although
time's a bit short now I'm back at work after paternity leave...

Dominic