I'm looking for a few good benchmarks...

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Tue Jun 10 02:36:46 UTC 2003

Hello!

I have written up a little app for collecting benchmarks in Squeak, with
the hope of building a database of CPU/RAM/Bus/VM/Latest Change # along
with the results of the benchmarks.

See screen of the unfinished version-
http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/squeak/bencher.jpg

What am I bothering the list for? I'm looking for a benchmarks.  While I'd
like to provide a lot in this suite, I'd also like the input of those out
there regarding which of these benchmarks would be the most meaningful as
general indicators of Squeak performance.

It'd be nice to take it to the next level to average related benchmarks
and create benchmark indeces for Morphic performance, raw bytecodes, etc.

Regards,
Aaron

--
  "the end of the human race will be that it will eventually
      die of civilization. "                          :: r. w. emerson