Squeak BoF at Smalltalk Solutions (was Re: Smalltalk solutions anyone?)

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Wed Jun 11 23:35:48 UTC 2003

Michael Rueger wrote:

> anyone going to SS this year? Organizing a BoF? Rewrite/packaging fest?

I'll be there giving a brief talk on what's going on with the Squeak
community and the latest release.

We probably should have some sort of BoF get-together.  (For those who
don't know, BoF stands for Birds of a Feather, meaning an informal
grouping of like-minded folks.)  Might not be as big as the ones at
OOPSLA, but it could still be fun.

My talk runs from 4 to 5pm on Tuesday (track 3).  Alan Knight mentioned
that the room should still be available afterward, so we could have the
BoF in the same room afterward.  Probably it should start at 5:30 if we
do that, since most of the other tracks run until 5:30.  The projector
should still be there, so people could give demos of stuff, including
the possible Croquet demo that was mentioned earlier...  (I don't think
you'd have to be registered to attend the BoF, since it isn't part of
the conference.)

As far as I know there's nothing else going on at that time... later on
there's some sort of event at the hockey hall of fame.  I wouldn't want
to start much later than 5:30 since I have to drive back home Tuesday
evening (about 4 hours).

Someone else will have to handle the rewrite/packaging fest, if any. ;-)

- Doug Way