[VM] Running headless on OSX Server

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Jun 12 00:24:30 UTC 2003

Hi, if you go here

http://www-sor.inria.fr/~piumarta/squeak/

you can find a OS-X 3.5-1devel Unix VM which will allow you run
headless. If you build a VM you can choose
between building an cocoa or x11 interface, and of course indicate that
you want to run headless on the command line.
This VM is the unix vm so everything you know about unix  & squeak will
hold true.

On Wednesday, June 11, 2003, at 02:21  PM, John Voiklis wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I apologize for crossposting to the Dev and PWS lists, but I figured
> that
> some OSX experts may not be on the PWS list.
>
> I have a colocated Apple XServe on which I need to run a headless
> Swiki; can
> it be done? I know how to do this on *nix, but how does one run Squeak
> headless on OSX? Knowledge of *nix has not proven as transferable as I
> expected.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

===