[KCP] SystemDictionary cleaning: Comments and design

Noury Bouraqadi bouraqadi at ensm-douai.fr
Thu Jun 12 14:14:48 UTC 2003

Hi,

I agree with Stéphane. IMHO its easier to have different
entities/classes for different tasks. For example, when I want to deal
with something related to memory, I'll search in ObjectMemory not in
SystemDictionary. Its more staright forward/logical.

Anyway, Smalltalk library is large. And we all know that it take time to
learn every thing. So, its not a problem to have different classes.
Besides, multiplicity of classes is not an issue if we have classes with
"meaninfull" names holding few methods... Note that by now, we still
have multiplicity, but for methods (lots of methods in few classes)...
and classes names does not mean all what can be done...

Noury

Dr. Noury Bouraqadi - Enseignant/Chercheur
Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. G.I.P
http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/noury

European Smalltalk Users Group
http://www.esug.org