50% of all instance-methods are unary ! was: 84% of all instance-methods are unary !

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Fri Jun 13 12:40:10 UTC 2003

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 01:43:09PM +0200, Stephane Ducasse wrote:
> Markus
>
> even if you find unary messages this does not mean that we will have an
> easy test coverage.
> For example
> 	Browser open
>
> is unary but try to come up with a test for the browser

What about:

self shouldnt: [Browser open] raise: Error.

Of course this is trivial, but even only checking for Errors should
find a lot of those kinds of problems that are introduced when refactoring
a legacy system. I would be a lot more confident if we had a couple of
thousands of those...

Hey, strange enough, "Browser open" opens a workspace...

   Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de