[ENH] FileListDnD-nk ([er][et] pretty good, request for improvement)

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Mon Jun 16 23:55:02 UTC 2003

On Monday 16 June 2003 01:12 pm, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
> Two strange artefacts about the DND (I don't know if these are
> filelist specific or general) -
> * shift is checked only when starting drag. pressing shift to
> switch between move and copy doesn't work during drag, which is a
> pity.

That's right. The problem is that the TransferMorph is created at the
start of drag, and is given the initial event (which has the shift
set). During the drag we don't have control over the operation.

However, it's simple to poll the shift state. Stay tuned for a changed
version.

> * Pressing shift during drag seems to cause a drop event,
> which is surprising.

I didn't notice this, at least under Linux.

> Anyway, the drag that does work is already better than none. Ned,
> can the above be improved? if not, I'll approve as is.

Yes. See the next version (on its way).

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com