[ENH] EventEnhancement-nk

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Jun 17 13:35:08 UTC 2003

On Monday 16 June 2003 03:25 pm, I wrote:
> from preamble:
>
> "Change Set:		EventEnhancement-nk
> Date:			16 June 2003
> Author:			Ned Konz
>
> This is an enhancement of the prior work on events by Rob Withers
> and me.

And John Sarkela, who wrote the code originally, of course. Sorry!
I'll add this to the comments.

We've heard from John and Robert about their thoughts on event
registration. They both seem to think that the default for event
registration should be to use (strong) MessageSends.

I can follow Robert's suggestion and change the method names in my
code around so that the default would be to use strong references to
both the receiver and arguments, but you could use weak references
instead if you asked for them explicitly.

I am busy for the next few days, but can make this change around
Friday.

Meanwhile, does anyone else want to weigh in on this topic?

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com