[BUG] Can't read BMPs in 3.4/3.5 Windows VM (was Re: [bug?] Problems with Alice -- can't open new models)

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Jun 18 02:20:17 UTC 2003

I've tracked my Alice bug down to:

Form fromFileNamed: 'anything.bmp'

I can't read any BMP's with a 3.4 or 3.5 Windows VM on an XP box.  The same
BMP's open just fine in 3.2.  It's a VM-level bug because I can read the
BMP's in a 3.5 image running in a 3.2 VM.  But in a 3.4 or 3.5 VM, trying
to read the BMP crashes Squeak.

Who maintains the Windows VM these days?  Is there anything that's changed
between 3.2 and 3.4 that would effect reading BMP's?

Thanks!
   Mark