Very very slow response from squeak-dev@lists.squeakfoundation.org

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Wed Jun 18 18:24:39 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 16:35, Brent Vukmer wrote:
> When I post to the list from my "bvukmer at blackboard.com" address, the
> message takes several hours to show up.  The messages are not on our
> mail server's SMTP queue.  Any ideas for what's going on?

We operate a webmail service which apparently is being abused by
spammers - they flooded our mail queue with spam, which resulted in some
sites reverting our outgoing connections to tarpits, which resulted in
very slow processing of mails b/c lots and lots of connections got tied
up in there.

We are taking measures to prevent this, hopefully response times will be
back to normal soon.

--
Disclaimer: all Dutchmen are liars