Floating window mac VM.

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Jun 19 06:16:27 UTC 2003

Evening all.

I've a macintosh 3.5.1b4 VM which allows you to change the window type
and attributes when launched.
This has the enables the interesting ability to have a squeak window
that floats above all applications
on your desktop. A bit odd, but perhaps someone might find it useful.
Hint if you use the AppleScript application controller class I've been
building you can build a DVD controller in Squeak to control the DVD
Player application and have much more than the dumb controller Apple
gives you.

If you want to try this, please email me for a VM to test.

This will roll into the 3.5.1 VM stream and gives you the flexibility
to decide which window attributes
(min/max/resize/zoom/title) should be displayed and what type of window
(document, plain, etc...)
should be used. If one digs around in MacWindows.h you'll find there
are lots to interesting things to do

Also see
http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/macosx/Carbon/
HumanInterfaceToolbox/WindowManager/Window_Manager/wind_mgr_ref/
constant_2.html#//apple_ref/c/tdef/WindowAttributes
&
http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/macosx/Carbon/
HumanInterfaceToolbox/WindowManager/Window_Manager/wind_mgr_ref/
constant_1.html#//apple_ref/doc/c_ref/WindowClass
ps kUtilityWindowClass is what you want, not kFloatingWindowClass.

===