[VM][BUG] Mac Socket Problem

Lukas Renggli renggli at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 19 15:08:42 UTC 2003

Hi Mac-Users,

I experience very slow connections to a local PostgreSQL database using
the Mac VM 3.4.0Beta2. Just for curiosity, I tried to run the same tests (
there are about 250 SQL queries) on all the VMs available for OS X.
These are the benchmarks, taken on the same machine and with the same
image.

	Unix Squeak 3.4-1:      2'634 ms
	CocaSqueak 3.2.3:       3'507 ms
	Squeak 3.4.0Beta2:    155'110 ms

There seems to be something wrong with the Sockets of Squeak 3.4.0Beta2,
as it spends almost all the time waiting within the message

	Socket>>waitForDataUntil: deadline

Has anyone else seen this problem? Is there a good solution yet?

Cheers
Lukas