[KCP][MCP] Automatically publish and reading changesets

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Jun 19 18:02:18 UTC 2003

Hi Brent

> Interesting ideas, Karl!  I think it makes sense to add the "post as
> update for package.." capability at some point.  Hmm...
>
> Regarding the separate archives, actually I think that we just need
> *one* archive right now.. But I'll think about it.
> (It would be A Good Thing if we got
> "bug-fixes-archive at lists.squeakfoundation.org" up and running, though,
> so that the squeak-dev list doesn't get flooded by posts from different
> project maintainers/reviewers.)
>
> I think that, for example, the KCP and MCP groups ought to consider
> posting their changesets to the archive ( instead of to the Swiki ) and
> use the BugFixesArchiveViewer to post comments.

I have no problem with that but for this to work we need to have a way
to get all
the changesets we sent. Because we often issue multiple versions of the
same.

Now the key points is that using a wiki works for us. I would prefer
that we continue
to publish the changesets internally on the wiki. We could then load
them in
Squeak and then sent them into the update stream.

By the way alex worked a lot to produce a complete new stream of
changeset for 3.6 alpha
while keeping the changes we did for the removals. The new official
page is now:
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3254

Then we set up an internal mailing list so that cleaners can
communicate.

> This is all making me think that the Viewer should probably have tabs,
> with a separate set of filters for each tab -- so that you could switch
> between "Main", "KCP", "MCP" and whatever other projects you are
> following.  What do you think?

Ok for me

Stef