[ANN] Testserver ImageTester Fwd: [Test-Runner Results] Squeak3.6alpha latest update: #5269

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Sat Jun 21 09:21:17 UTC 2003

On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 12:28:29PM +0200, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:

> I thought of something more like having several test packages, where one
> is for version acceptance tests (breakage in which is critical), and
> extra tests (to which people can add stuff that isn't that critical). I
> guess it doesn't matter much whether this knowledge is in test suites or
> in packages.

Ok, yes, that should be possible. It's on the TODO.

> > What I was allready planning to do was to set up some conventions for
> > letting the tests print some comment of the status. e.g. lots of
> > the bugs allready have FIXes that just havn't been harvested yet.
> How can you link between a test and it's status?

I'd like to have somthing *very* simple at the beginning: If someone
submits failing testcases and a FIX (which are most of the more
complicated tests), then you should use the new feature in SUNIT 3.1
to print out some comment with the failing test:
  [FIXED]
or maybe even:

  [FIXED] http://linktoSQFIXES.html

very simple, but it will help to add those fixed more quickly.

   Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de