[BUG][FIX]AcornFileDirectory checkname (repost as changeset)

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sat Jun 21 16:12:44 UTC 2003

Bert Freudenberg <bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de> wrote:

> This is an ancient (pre-MIME) encoding for files known as "uuencode",
> recognizable from the "begin ... end" pair. You need a uudecode tool
> which is standard on ancient systems like Acorn, but is available
> everywhere.
My stuff normally seems to go through ok so maybe I either forgot to
press the MIME button or some filter somewhere in the mail loop decided
to mess it up. Given the hassles I keep having with squeak mail I
wouldn't be at all surprised with either.

tim
Useful random insult:- Couldn't hit sand if he fell off a camel.