[ENH] isSymbol [small] ( [approved] )

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Mon Jun 23 10:54:29 UTC 2003

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 10:26:05AM +0100, goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
> marcus at ira.uka.de wrote:
> [SNIP]
> > What I want to  say: We have a HUGE Problem with
> > reviewing and Harvesting changes. If we don't fix this, than Squeak will
> > die. It's
> > as simple as that.
>
> I agree Marcus but my impression is that things are moving in the right
> direction? If it is not then I gladly discuss alternative approaches -
> as all of us I guess gladly do.

Yes, I think we have finally started to move. And that's good. And
I think the process is good that we have with the ArchiveViewer.

Maybe it was somewhat late last night ;-) But got a little depressed
with all that stuff waiting and not that much happening... especially
with the idea of having yet-another Squeak release with no enduser-visible
changes at all... I started to feel envisioning the harvesters like someone
dusting off all those great artifacts in the "Smalltalk Museum" After a
lot of work, everything is nicely documented, sparcling clean...

This is not to say that well factored, documented code is not important:
It is! But it can't be a purpose, it's a necessity. (to paraphrase Dee
Hock)...

       Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de