newbie question: "reverse engineering" a Morph

John Voiklis voiklis at redfigure.org
Tue Jun 24 16:38:26 UTC 2003

Hello,

To a great extent this question is wrong-headed, but I thought it worth
asking, nonetheless.

I have made, through direct manipulation, a rather complex active essay
(using BookMorph), full of scripts and the like. For reasons that may only
make sense to me, I do not want to share the morph as a .morph file or
project; rather, I want to make it a subclass of BookMorph, let's say
JohnsEssayBookMorph, with methods that will recreate the essay and its
scripts.

Is it possible to do this without opening up a browser and hand-coding it,
or, at least, are there any shortcuts? I tried using "make own subclass" and
"save morph as prototype" from the debug halo handle. That sort of worked,
but it did not generate any code that I could fileout and share.

Thanks for any help.

Best,

John