[FIX] SM-createSMDir-asm

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Tue Jun 24 22:02:04 UTC 2003

Hi all!

"Magistrello Alejandro (SFA)" <magistra at TELEFONICA.COM.AR> wrote:
> just created a new directory, downloaded a fresh 5278 image into it,
>
> when tryng to open the Package Loader got this error:
>
> Error: SqueakMap can not find the directory 'sm' where it keeps the
> logfiles!
>
> regards
>    Alejandro

The problem is a tad more complex. Brent sent me a patch for this also.
It seems that the virgin images available for download contains an
"empty" SMSqueakMap instance. I am not sure why it is empty.

I will look into this tomorrow - the problem is that this proposed FIX
is just for the symptom. The instance in the image should always have a
log file in synch. So either we delete the instance from the image
before zipping it up - or we include the "sm" subdir in the zip file.
But... hmmm, we can't toast the instance of course since it knows which
packages are installed... Funny - the current situation is good (that it
is empty) - I just don't know why it is! :-)

regards, Göran