[BUG]JabberClient(Object)>>halt

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Wed Jun 25 20:16:54 UTC 2003

Thanks for all your work, Michael!

When I tried the JabberBuddyList open and put my info in,
Socket>>getDataQuicker dies (Socket MNU waitForDataUntil:), which eventually
turns into a halt. I cmd-. out of that, but no go... it looks like I defined
the identity right, any ideas where I might look?

Here is the bug report:

25 June 2003 2:02:36 pm

VM: unix - Squeak3.4 of 1 March 2003 [latest update: #5170]
Image: Squeak3.6alpha [latest update: #5278]

JabberClient(Object)>>halt
        Receiver: a JabberClient
        Arguments and temporary variables:

        Receiver's instance variables:
                identity:
JabberOnlineIdentity(brian at techgame.net,techgame.net)
                incoming:       a SharedQueue
                outgoing:       nil
                stream:         a SocketStream
                process:        a Process in Debugger
class>>openContext:label:contents:
                imEventHandlers:        nil
                dispatchers:    nil
                buddies:        nil
                status:         nil
                parser:         a XMLDOMParser
                id:     nil
                idCounter:      8255
                jabberStream:   a JabberStream
                xmlWriter:      a XMLWriter
                queries:        nil

[] in JabberClient>>receiverProcessBlock
        Arguments and temporary variables:
                entity:         nil
                ex:     a MessageNotUnderstood

MessageNotUnderstood(Exception)>>handlerAction
        Receiver: a MessageNotUnderstood
        Arguments and temporary variables:
                na:     1
                handler:        [] in JabberClient>>receiverProcessBlock
                returnValue:    nil
        Receiver's instance variables:
                messageText:    nil
                initialContext:         Socket(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
                resignalException:      nil
                handlerContext:         BlockContext>>on:do:
                tag:    nil
                activeHandler:  nil
                message:        a Message with selector: #waitForDataUntil:
and arguments: #(1138768)

MessageNotUnderstood(Exception)>>signal
        Receiver: a MessageNotUnderstood
        Arguments and temporary variables:
                result:         nil
        Receiver's instance variables:
                messageText:    nil
                initialContext:         Socket(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
                resignalException:      nil
                handlerContext:         BlockContext>>on:do:
                tag:    nil
                activeHandler:  nil
                message:        a Message with selector: #waitForDataUntil:
and arguments: #(1138768)

--- The full stack ---
JabberClient(Object)>>halt
[] in JabberClient>>receiverProcessBlock
MessageNotUnderstood(Exception)>>handlerAction
MessageNotUnderstood(Exception)>>signal
Socket(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
Socket>>getDataQuicker
SocketStream>>pvtGetData
SocketStream>>next
SAXDriver(XMLTokenizer)>>peek
SAXDriver(XMLTokenizer)>>nextWhitespace
SAXDriver(XMLTokenizer)>>nextEntity
XMLDOMParser>>nextEntityStart
[] in JabberClient>>receiverProcessBlock
BlockContext>>on:do:
[] in JabberClient>>receiverProcessBlock
[] in BlockContext>>newProcess