Video conference in Squeak

Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Wed Jun 25 20:47:09 UTC 2003

  Hello,

> > Is there any way to see somebody's webcam from within Squeak (both
> > persons running Squeak I mean)?
>
> I'm sure that Yoshiki Ohshima will want to say something about this.
> He has a nice little JPEG over the wire image morph and chat feature
> for Squeak (though I think it only works on Windows at present).

  Ah, yes.  You can set up a Windows computer with a video camera (can
be a webcam but can be a nicer DV camera) as a server, and set up
another computer (this can be any kind as long as it has network
capability.) as client and send frames from the camera as JPEG data
from the server to client.

  The code is... rougher than anything.  But if you want to take a
look at it, I can send it.

-- Yoshiki