win32 Squeak seems to keep laptops from resuming

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Jun 26 09:43:55 UTC 2003

Hi Craig,

I haven't looked into this yet, mostly because it's totally unclear to me
what the assumptions are when the machine goes to sleep. A few things are
quite obvious (e.g., sockets and network files will get closed) but with
others I've got no idea (what about open files on the local machine? window
handles? GDI resources? sound? ...). I would presume that one of those is
the culprit but I've found no documentation that talks about it. If you've
got any pointers I'd be happy to look at it and see what I can find out.

BTW, does your machine come back up if you effectively "do nothing" from
Squeak (just start it and keep it sitting around)?

Cheers,
  - Andreas