[ANN] Bitstream Vera Fonts with TTCFontFixes

Jim.Gettys at hp.com Jim.Gettys at hp.com
Thu Jun 26 12:28:37 UTC 2003

OK, thanks.

I hope you are happy with them...

Would be nice to get Squeak's character rendering to play the same
tricks we do on Linux with Xft....  (hint adjustment, subpixel stuff,
as well as AA).  That part of Xr isn't done yet, so I can't yet point
you at cross platform code for text rendering that "does the right thing",
but hopefully sometime in the next few months, that will get implemented.

For a taste of what is possible, see: http://zap.crl.dec.com/Screenshot-4.png
which is all in Vera (though just before the final round of tuning Jim Lyles
did for us, as you can detect dasily in the monospace in the terminal emulator).  I really should generate some final screen shots sometime....

                                      - Jim

--
Jim Gettys
Cambridge Research Laboratory