win32 Squeak seems to keep laptops from resuming

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Thu Jun 26 13:43:46 UTC 2003

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:43:55 +0200, "Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de>
wrote:

> A few things are
> quite obvious (e.g., sockets and network files will get closed) but with
> others I've got no idea (what about open files on the local machine?

I just tried this as well. I created an instance of a file with

	FileStream newFileNamed: 'test.txt'.

and inspected it. I wrote out a string to the file, and then suspended my
machine. I resumed a minute later, wrote another chunk to the file, and
closed it, and it has all the text I wrote to it in it...

I'm using the 3.4 VM (dated March 9, 2003), with a 3.4 image (latest update
#5170).

Later,
Jon