[ANN] Jabber

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Jun 26 07:08:00 UTC 2003

"Lex Spoon" <lex at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
> I believe the setup is, you can add "server" type thingies at a
> well-known Jabber ID.  Then, you can send arbitrary XML messages to and
> from the server.

I should have said that this is just one approach.  Also, I should have
mentioned that you can add extra data to a user's publically-visible
record.  For example, we could add the IP and port that a user's
Nebraska server is listening on.

More info at:

	http://www.jabber.org

Hmm, another thing.  Michael, you should email the folks at jabber.org
and tell them about your implementation, whenever you feel ready for
broader publicity.  Yours appears to be the first Smalltalk
implementation, and non-Squeak people may want to join the party  if
they know about it.

	http://www.jabber.org/developer/librarylist.php

Lex