[ANN] First final morphic app below 4 Mb !!!

Oca Emilio eoca at afip.gov.ar
Thu Jun 26 16:00:14 UTC 2003

> > Squeakers around the world:
> >
> > I claim the pioneer right to uncharted lands of morphic
> > use below 4 Mb.
>
> But... I really don't want to rain on your parade, being a
> fellow Squeaker and all, but you're not the first to bring
> Morphic below 4 MB.  If it's a
> recent version though, 3.4+, I congradulate you!  :)
>
> I've done it before for Dynapad, without too much trickery.
> Yoshiki-san also has a 2.6-based Morphic image up for
> download at:
> http://www.is.titech.ac.jp/~ohshima/squeak/Morphic.zip
>
> His is 2.6 MB, although it is based on Squeak 2.6 instead of
> 3.6.  What Squeak is yours derived from?
I think that Edgar refers to 3.5/6. Of course we know that
you did it before. And your work and Yoshiki-san ispired Edgar
on its journey to SqueakLight.
Something that disapointed us is that the usual trickery used
to reduce an image to about 2.5MB gave us over 6MB on 3.4.
For more detalis ask Edgar, He is our head shrinker guru :)

	Emilio