[BUG] BFAV not showing all posts (was: RE: [Squeakfoundation]Shepherding large enhancements)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Jun 26 16:42:55 UTC 2003

> BTW, everyone is welcome to join the review fest going on in
> the final hours of 3.6alpha by installing the BFAV and
> reviewing/testing/ commenting something (even if its small).

I've just noticed that this can be incredibly hard if you don't see all of
the appropriate messages. Looking for a specific set of enhancements
(namely, Anthony's changes) I found absolutely nothing showing up in BFAV.
Going to the SQFIXES archives showed me that the posts _were_ listed there
and looking at the email-repository I found that the contents of the post in
question simply said "an error occured... server not responding".

So it seems as if (that version of?) BFAV will simply drop messages if the
server is not responsive. I just dumped the entire archive and reloaded it
from scratch and (looking over all the posts manually) it seems that this
time things went well (e.g., no server errors) but if it hasn't this bug
should be fixed. It's very hard to review fixes if you don't even see them
;-)

Cheers,
  - Andreas