win32 Squeak seems to keep Win98SE laptops from resuming

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Thu Jun 26 17:15:52 UTC 2003

Hi Andreas--

> ...does your machine come back up if you effectively "do nothing"
> from Squeak (just start it and keep it sitting around)?

	No, same problem (hangs, display stays dark). Judging from Jon's posts,
this seems to be something affected by changes in Windows between
Win98SE and WinXP. My standard test is to start up a virgin snapshot and
let it sit. Although it seems like a VM thing, I tried with several
release snapshots. I haven't tried many different VMs yet.

	I'm not sure where to start looking either. :)  Clearly I could just
change operating systems, but that's highly inconvenient right now.

	thanks,

-C

--
Craig Latta