[BUG]DVS breaks FileContentsBrowser diffing

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri Jun 27 07:00:33 UTC 2003

Attempting to use the FCB to find diffs between code filedin from a DVS
package and a plain fileout doesn't work. So far as I can tell it is the
lineends.

For example, using FCB to check a file intended as a patch to VMMaker
shows all methods completely different tothe DVS loaded 'orignal'.
Change the lineends in the file to CRLF (an obscene thing to do but I
only did it for the benefit of the peepul), try again and FCB>diff is
happy.

Looks to me as if DVS needs a lineend rework somewhere.

tim
Useful random insult:- Living proof that nature does not abhor a vacuum.