fun foreign squeak items of interest

Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Fri Jun 27 16:09:14 UTC 2003

  David,

> http://homepage.mac.com/sumi/gfort_squeaking[vp3].mov
> > Well, this is something I know of. Sumi-san has
> > one of the most comprehensive web site (a Wiki site)
> > on Squeak at "http://squab.no-ip.com:8080/".
>
> Can you tell me what package/changeset he is
> demonstrating in the .mov file? I would love to play
> with it, if it's available.
>
> This looks similar to MIT's "Oxygen" demonstration,
> which I watch at least once a week. :P

  I don't know if he made a changet set available, but it is this
Sqewton (Squeak + Newton) project.

http://sumim.no-ip.com:8080/collab/11

> > I don't like to see the word "Engrish"...
>
> Domo, sumimasen! My apologies, I didn't know what else
> to call it. To be more precise, I find altavista.com's
> babelfish translation of any language to any other
> language to be very entertaining. I am easily
> entertained.

  The original text by Sumi-san is in fine Japanese.  Quoting the text
like that implys it is not.

  After all, he has a degree in biology.  Which means he is more
scientific than we are:-)

-- Yoshiki