Wiki channels ( Was: RE: [ANN] Jabber )

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Jun 27 19:14:22 UTC 2003

hi

We thought a lot already about the feature we would like in a wiki and
we are following this discussion with big interest.

However, we decided not to extend/pacth Swiki because we got into
trouble. We started to develop a Wiki SmallWiki (now in Visualworks but
everything in made to port it into Squeak).
SmallWiki will be in public beta before the end of the summer, we plan
to integrate the "stuff" of James Robertson just for fun.

SmallWiki has a good OO design and is made to be extended. We are
working slowly on getting an architecture that allows other to define
plugging but this will be soon there. SmallWiki have a good security
model, multiple renderers that are simply developed.

If you want to know more....http://scgwiki.iam.unibe.ch:8080/SCG/520

If you have idea for SmallWiki please edit the wish list/or if you want
to participate please do.

Soon we will start to migrate all our internal Swiki to SmallWiki.

Stef