[BUG][FIX][KCP]Some odd fixes for (mis)use of Smalltalk instead of SystemNavgation new

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sat Jun 28 07:39:09 UTC 2003

On Saturday, June 28, 2003, at 04:45 AM, Tim Rowledge wrote:

>> one of the idea was that we did want to put this method in Object (may
>> as a class extension associated with the package tools infrastructure
>> this would be ok).
> Personally I'd be quite happy for an implementation of
> #systemNavigation
> to get added to Object by a package that added all the tools that need
> access. Definitely better than duplication and confusion.

I agree. So your fixes should be included

> I probably missed it in old messages but why is SystemNavigation not
> implemented mostly on the class side? It seems a bit pointless to
> always
> have to instantiate a new one just to ask questions. Was there any
> thought that there might be multiple instances? I can't see how it
> would
> be any use for now.

We had a discussion about that. and we were thinking that we could have
different
navigation but this is not clear.

I do not like putting everything on the class side. So we should use a
singleton.
Do you want to provide a change for that? because I'm in the middle of
something else.

Stef