Omnibase locking Test 8

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Sun Jun 29 21:34:59 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-06-29 at 21:27, Derek Brans wrote:
> What is going on with Test 8 (locking between two transactions in 1
> database connection)?  Is it failing because of file-locking
> deficiencies in Squeak?

test8 should work, and I think I had it working when I released the
thing. Funny...

Anyway, I fixed it by applying a bit of work that needed to be applied
anyway to ODBFileStream - with it test9 should run as well, however for
some reason it does not. Which is funny, because it runs under VW and
don't know where the difference lies (both should rely only on the
locking table kept in ODBFileStream). As I'm short in time and have
problems with the Squeak debugger stepping into critical sections and
#evaluateUnterruptably: blocks, I've given up debugging for now -
hopefully someone with a bit more Squeak knowledge can find out why the
test fails.

I've published a new snapshot in the standard location
(http://tai42.xs4all.nl/cg/OmniBase.st)