monticello tutorial?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sun Jun 29 22:44:43 UTC 2003

On Sunday 29 June 2003 03:27 pm, Joshua 'Schwa' Gargus wrote:

> I loaded Monticello from SqueakMap, and have absolutely no idea
> how to use it.  I created a new package directory and package, but
> can't figure out how to add code to a package.  I tried dragging
> classes/categories, changing the current changeset to the one
> created when I created the new package, and other things.
>
> Any hints?

Monticello uses the same conventions for determining package contents
as PackageInfo. That is:

Classes that are part of a package should be in a class category whose
name is in the form

	PackageName-Something

If you have a PackageInfo subclass (which isn't necessary), it should
be in a class category whose name is

	PackageName-Info

Extension methods should all be in method categories with names of the
form

	*packagename-something

or similar (the prefix is case-insensitive).

I posted a change set recently to help you re-categorize all the
extension methods in a change set so they will live in a particular
package. But before using it, set up your package's classes in the
right class categories.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com