IRC-Chat

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Mon Jun 30 18:20:07 UTC 2003

Brent Vukmer wrote:

>Shouldn't the IRC package be removed from the image ( and combined with
>Steve Wessel's "Enhanced IRC" package on SqueakMap) ?  I think we could
>leave it in the "open.." menu with a stub method that loads the SM
>package on-demand.

Yes, IRC would be a prime candidate for an upcoming package removal.
Hmm, according to this page
http://swiki.squeakfoundation.org/squeakfoundation/77 it sounds like
there is an IRC removal package out there somewhere, but it's not on
SqueakMap, I guess.

On the other hand, we are waiting for SqueakMap 1.1 (with support for
package versions) to come out, and I'm guessing that we will hold off on
any further package removals until that's ready.

- Doug Way