Jabber question/remote pair programming...

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Mon Jun 30 20:26:13 UTC 2003

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Brent Vukmer wrote:

> I really wish we had a tool like Hydra
> (http://hydra.globalse.org/features.html) in Squeak; it seems like we
> could build the same features but use Jabber for notification/transport.

Yes, I think the proposed JabberingBrowser and Hydra are in a similar
space - I don't necessarily need to see everyone's text selection like in
Hydra, but I'd like to be able to open a browser that tracks which
class/method someone else is looking at, and updates my code every time
they accept.

Somehow it seems like this could be the basis for a versioning system, but
I'm fuzzy on exactly how it would work...

Avi