SUnit Test Failure on fresh Image - Win32

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch
Sat Mar 1 09:08:24 UTC 2003

"Chad Nantais" <chad at whistler.com> wrote:

>¾I've¾installed a clean copy of the VM and image for Windows.¾ The image is version 3.2-4956.¾ >When I do 'TestRunner runTests', I get 1 failed test: ¾¾¾
> TestUUIDPrimatives>>testCreationNodeBased ¾

>I want to use SUnit to do some testing¾and don't want this failure to happen but I am a Squeak novice and don't know how to fix the problem.¾

> Any help is appreciated. ¾Chad Nantais

Thank you for pointing us at this issue!

The same test still fails in a fresh Squeak 3.4gammaOne image.
171 run, 170 passed, 1 failed, 0 errors

And the SUnit version included there is still 3.0 although there is an
updated version (3.1) on SqueakMaop (updated by Diego Gomez Deck and
Francisco Garau; original port by Joseph Pelrine, Stephane Ducasse and
Ned Konz and  I think). That version conforms better with the SUnit
implementations for other Smalltalk dialects.

To the Guides: How do you want to handle this?

-- Hannes

The test which fails

testCreationRandom
	| uuid |

	(UUID new asString last: 12) = (UUID new asString last: 12) ifTrue:
[^self].
	1000 timesRepeat:
		[uuid _ UUID new.
		self should: [((uuid at: 7) bitAnd: 16rF0) = 16r40].
		self should: [((uuid at: 9) bitAnd: 16rC0) = 16r80]]