SUnit Test Failure on fresh Image - Win32

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Sat Mar 1 09:37:04 UTC 2003

On Sat, 1 Mar 2003, Chad Nantais wrote:

> I've installed a clean copy of the VM and image for Windows.  The image is version 3.2-4956.  When I do 'TestRunner runTests', I get 1 failed test:
>     TestUUIDPrimatives>>testCreationNodeBased
>
> I want to use SUnit to do some testing and don't want this failure to
> happen but I am a Squeak novice and don't know how to fix the problem.
> Any help is appreciated.

Chad,

This failure should of course be fixed, but having a failing test in the
image shouldn't prevent you from using SUnit yourself.  If you execute
"TestRunner open" you'll get the SUnit UI; you can select your test case
class and click "Run One", which will run just your tests, and ignore all
the rest.  This is usually what you want to do, since "Run All" can take
an awfully long time...

Avi