Storage

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at squeakland.org
Sat Mar 1 20:15:26 UTC 2003

Hi Chad --

My typical demo images contain several million objects and are a few
hundred MB large. I have heard of demo images and tests in the post
500MB range. I haven't heard of any maxout stories, and there have
been a few attempts at doing a 64bit address space Squeak. I think at
least one of them worked. OTOH, there are more tradeoffs than just
with space. What are your specific requirements?

Cheers,

Alan

-----