[DOCS] Is anyone willing to record events?; videos on the net...

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch
Sun Mar 2 21:27:42 UTC 2003

"Doug Clapp" <dclapp at qwest.net> wrote:
> Thanks marcus!  I'll put those links on the wiki...
>
> doug clapp

For some people who happen to come over an event it might be the easiest
thing to send in an email with an  [EVENT].

There is actually an event page on the minnow swiki which can be reached
directly from the front page.
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2134
But the page is  not well known.  Normally events are announced on this
list.

I think I'll keep an eye on this and ask Alexandre Bergel if he could do
it as well. Having an [EVENT] tag in the email-title makes it easy for
somebody to keept an event list updated.

For videos I would recommend the same. The documentation team will
update the page opened by Doug.

-- Hannes

Here is the (unfortunately minimal) content of page
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2134
--------------------------------------

Upcoming Squeak Events:

* In Switzerland in Bern in May 2003 (date not yet defined; contact
Alexandre Bergel)

Regular Squeak Events:
* OOPSLA, held annually in the United States in the fall season, is
usually a significant conference for Squeakers. A Squeak "Birds Of a
Feather" (BoF) session is always held one evening during OOPSLA.
* Camp Smalltalk, held periodically. This is gathering of people working
in all varieties of Smalltalk, Squeak included.

------

The links to Camp Smalltalk events are terribly outdated (2000).

Are there announcements for Camps? Please send in the URLs with an
[EVENT] tag.