[DOCS] SWIKI & MAGIC BOOK - recycle old pages and other ideas

Chris Burkert christian.burkert at s2000.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon Mar 3 12:45:38 UTC 2003

Hi

Just a proposal some guys have done already on the swiki.

If you want to add something to the swiki check the following:
- are there existing pages about the topic ? ... use this one
- if not, take an old page and *recycle* it.
   - go to http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3052
   - take a page from the 'links to this page' selection at the top
     - example http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/62
   - if this page is empty, obsolete, present in a better place, ...
     - check existing refernces to this one and update or delete them
     - *rename* the page
     - put you content in it and paint the 'head' in the correct color

If you want to add a page for the recycling process check the following:
- if there is important content, put it to a better place and update
   all references to the page.
- then edit the page and put the link *RecycleMe* in it. This way it
   will be listed at the Recycling page.

I recently looked at the first 250 pages of the swiki. Most of it where
personal pages. But unfortunatly there are many, that don't say anything
about Squeak.

Other ideas? There are more 'Wiki Tags' at
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3050 ... do we need all of them? Who
has started this?

Just interresting ... does anyone know how big in MB the swiki content
including all the history pages is?

I'm looking forward to the magic book. If it is possible to render
chapters (projects) to HTML (Is this diffucult?) we wouldn't need the
swiki anymore. Just edit your documentation, personal page and others
central in your image and then distribute it on Squekmap. All can see it
in their browser and all can edit it in their image. Don't worry about
kids sharing their mp3's. The most won't use Squeak. Ideas?

thanks
            Chris Burkert
Student of applied Computer Science at Chemnitz University of Technology
      http://www.chrisburkert.de/            chris at chrisburkert.de