[Squeakfoundation]re: release prioritization

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch
Mon Mar 3 13:05:53 UTC 2003

Hi Goran and all

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:
> > And: A list of open issues and major known bugs is surely a useful tool
> > for guiding a development process.
>
> Indeed. Would you mind setting one up? I have made offers earlier in
> this regard but will keep my focus on SM. (Hint: The guides aren't SqC.
> We are not intended to do the work *for* the community.)

I'm interested in looking at your offers. It would help me if you
could post the links to them.
A quick look (10 min) at the titles your last 300 posts of this list
does not show anything like that.

And the list on http://swiki.squeakfoundation.org/squeakfoundation/88
is not terribly maintained. Last change 19-DEC-02.

How do you think volunteers can notice possible tasks they could
help if they don't preceive them? We are not computers.
Just writing something in the body of an email somewhere
does not get noticed.

BTW The high number of your post shows an incredible
energy and enthusiasm. Thanks a lot! But wouldn't it be an idea
for every 20th email you write to update *one* swiki
page on www.squeakfoundation.org and point people to them
from time to time (e.g. once every month)?

So much energy / knowhow and person-hours are
available for bringing Squeak foward, but for reasons I'm not yet fully
aware of a lot of this energy dissipates unused because of poor
follow ups.

-- Hannes

P.S. Perhaps somebody could write an opportunity statement
regarding this. I'll try to make up my mind of this as well.